'Diamonds' book information
'Diamonds', published by Noble Gems Publications, is the leading guide of its kind to these prized and fascinating gems.
Written in clear, concise and jargon-free language, it provides all the essential information about diamonds as well as extra features that will both inform and fascinate the reader.
The book's main features are:
- Explanation of a diamond's chief characteristics (4Cs): colour, clarity, cut, carat
- Historical information and recent developments in the diamond industry, including the global shifts in centres of production, the new ethical initiatives within the trade, and the emerging roles of China, India and Russia in the diamond market
- Illustrated guide to the main shapes and carat sizes of diamonds
- Chapter on natural fancy colour diamonds, with descriptions and pictures of each main colour group
- Examples of international diamond grading reports
- Full colour illustrations throughout, with pictures of some of the world's most remarkable white and coloured diamonds, including the Wittelsbach-Graff diamond
- Special feature on the discovery and transformation of the Lesotho Promise, one of the world's largest recently discovered diamonds
- Directory of international organizations and gem trade laboratories
A diamond guide with a difference
Unique among other books of its kind, 'Diamonds' has been praised for its usefulness as a practical guide, for its up-to-date coverage of changes in the diamond market, and for its full treatment of natural colour diamonds. Its contents are clearly arranged and allow the reader to quickly find the section they want. The book has been welcomed by readers and organisations in all sectors of the trade - professional jewellers and gemmologists, students and teachers of gemmology, prospective buyers of diamonds, and those simply interested in learning more about these fascinating gems.
The book is now reaching a much wider international audience, with editions available in six other languages (Cantonese, Mandarin, French, Hindi, Japanese, and Russian), and is also available in various e-book formats.
Cover: paperback, 96 pages
Publisher: Noble Gems Publications
Current edition: 3rd revised edition, (Sept. 2009)
Excellent work and brilliant presentation, a work of art to be cherished.
The best guide of its kind to appreciating and learning about these precious gemstones.
Thoroughly interesting and informative... this book will appeal to the layperson and student of gemmology alike... an ideal pocket guide.
If you are going to buy just one guide to diamonds, this is the one to go for.
More reviews of 'Diamonds' book and e-book can be found here.